Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

In which Rachel buys Peptochrome


Another good week has passed, though again with very little reading or corresponding with blogging buddies. Hopefully this silence will pass soon! I've just got to pass my NREMT exam and I'll be back in the blogging world with a vengeance. This week I celebrated Easter twice - once with my boyfriend's family and once with my own. I went to the park with my 1.5yo nephew a couple of times and found that he's able to ride the zipline all by himself! I should have gotten a picture for you. AND I bought a new car. The old one was having "break problems." That is, it shook violently when breaking. They've been telling me "break problems" for years, but I keep fixing the breaks and it never fixes the shake. I have brand new (like within the last three months) breaks and rotors, and had some rust filed down in there. None of it helped, and none of that stuff helped years ago when I first started having the problems. It's like they simply can't fathom that my car might shake when I break if the rotors and breaks have been put in properly. It's always blame-it-on-the-last-guy. Finally, the shake got bad enough that I had a choice - get my next big 15k maintenance on my car, or just get rid of it before I crash and die. So I bought Peptochrome. 

Currently Reading


Completed this week 




Watched this week



Completed in March


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new car. Automotive problems can be so vexing. Sometimes it is best to get rid of cars that seem to be unfixable and start over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know. Better to be safe if the problem is unfixable.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new ride. You'll never lose it in the parking lot. Looks good on gas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's very good on gas. They gave me an Outlander for 6 hours while they were rustproofing and I went through as much gas on that thing than I did for the few days I've had Peptochrome.

      Delete
  3. Your new car looks great. I love the color! Though it's a shame you had to buy it because of car problems. They are the worst and so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Masanobu. Yeah, car problems can get expensive...I would have ignored it if it weren't bad enough that it might make me lose control if breaking on a curve or something.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new car! What a fun color.

    ReplyDelete